Spanish Oaks PTA needs you! Yes, you!
Dear Spanish Oaks friends, we need you at Spanish Oaks Elementary!
Many of you may have heard of PTA but don’t really know what they do or if you want to get involved. PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. In public education we are face with shrinking budgets and growing class sizes, not to mention high standards for teacher and student performance—schools today need the support of families and the community. PTA can help. We harness the power of PTA to:
• Increase family engagement and volunteerism
• Implement programs you engage families in student success or school improvements
• Qualify for grants and awards to support your school
• Communicate with families more effectively
• Partner with other community organizations
• Enhance fundraising efforts
• Realize measurable results in student achievement
We love being involved in the Elementary PTA for a few reasons:
1. It's a concrete way to support our school, our students, the teachers and staff and build community.
2. It's fun to get involved and get to know other parents as you work together on a committee and be social and creative with other parents who like to help.
3. You get to know the school and the principal a lot more. You know what's going on. It's so great to be in the loop during the formative years of your students schooling.
Here’s what we need for next year; a whole new Executive Board and some Commissioners (a commissioner is a committee chair and there can be co-commissioners.) For most of these areas, we have established traditions, so you wouldn’t have to generate new ideas if you don’t want to; you can follow the outline of what we’ve done in the past. If you would like though, you can also discuss new refreshing ideas with our board at a meeting.
Treasurer So far, the commissioners we need are:
Membership and Awards
Health & Safety Week
Community Involvement- (Teacher birthdays)
If you’d like to co-chair one of these things, grab a friend and let us know. Or if you’d just like to be on the signup list to help with things at the school, that’s wonderful too!
Send us an email with your name and number to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can text or call Holly Moss 602-689-9382 with any questions.
Our current board is:
Holly Moss- President
Hope to hear from you wonderful PTA parents!