At Spanish Oaks Elementary we are pleased to offer a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities through the implementation of our many EXTRA Team programs. Information, dates, times, ages, etc., will be posted here, and updated throughout the year. A special "thank you" to our amazing teachers, faculty and staff for making these opportunities available to our students!
- Arts EXTRA ... Registration Form (January 2017-2018) w/ Maren Christensen
- Chess EXTRA: w/ Laura Dyches beginning on Tuesday, February 5, 2018. This is for 4th-6th grade students during their lunch time. We will meet in the Little Theater to play. This is ONLY for kids who already know how to play; we will not be teaching them how to play. We will play until March 15, 2018; days to TBD. This is a time for kids to practice chess for fun and, if they want, we will have some mini tournaments! Nebo Chess Tournament Information
- Chess Class (not available 2017-2018)
- CHOIR: Wednesday(s), 8:00am-8:45am (Little Theatre) w/ Maren Christensen, Katie Drollinger ... SPRING Registration Form ... We will begin again on 1-17-18!
- Dance EXTRA: Monday(s) 8:00am-8:45am (Gym), approx 14 weeks during the fall w/ Gregg Crockett ... Registration Form
- Debate ... (available 2017-2018?)
- Drama: School Play, w/ Amy Lewis and Chelsie Call
We are so excited to announce our school play for the 2017-2018 school year! It will be "Suessical the Musical." Students in 3rd-6th grade(s) are welcome to audition. There will be a parent meeting on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in the gym. Below is the link to sign up for auditions. Please complete the survey prior to the parent meeting. Auditions will be on Thursday, December 14, 2017 from 4:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. Our play will be performed March 8th and 9th ... YAY!
- Language ... Registration Form (available 2017-2018?)
- Math ... Registration Form (available 2017-2018?)
- Math Lab: (teacher appointment only) on Tuesday(s), Wednesday(s), Thursday(s) from 3:15pm-4:15pm during February/March w/ Tiffany Taylor
- UVU Learning through Robotics (available 2017-2018?)
- Robotics EXTRA: Beginning October 3, 2017 [6 weeks on Tuesday(s): Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, Nov. 7, 14] from 3:15pm-4:15pm (3rd, 4th, 5th grades w/ Jenna Fagergren) ... Registration Form @ http://spanishoaks.nebo.edu/news/robotics-extra-club-spanish-oaks
- Science EXTRA: w/ Miss McKendrick (grades 4-6) and Miss Young (grades 1-3) on Wednesday and Friday afternoon from 3:15 p.m.- 4:15 p.m., starting 2/07/18 and running through 2/23/18 (six sessions). Classes will be held in Room 31 (grades 1-3), and Room 15 (grades 4-6) ... Registration Form (will be available 1-20-18)
- Track EXTRA: w/ Chrissie Robinson and Jenna Fagergren (spring) ... Registration Form
- Writing ... Registration Form (available 2017-2018?)