At Spanish Oaks Elementary we are pleased to offer a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities through the implementation of our many EXTRA programs. Information, dates, times, ages, etc., will be posted here, and updated throughout the year. A special "thank you" to our amazing teachers, faculty and staff for making these opportunities available to our students!
- Arts EXTRA: w/ Heidi Dimmick Registration Form (January 2018-2019)
- Chess EXTRA: w/ Laura Dyches Tuesday(s)/Thursday(s) beginning February 5, 2019 in the Little Theater. This is for 4th-6th grade students during the lunch hour. This time is to practice chess for fun and maybe participate in mini tournaments! Nebo Chess Tournament
- Choir EXTRA: (1st-6th grades) w/ Amy Lewis, Chrissie Robinson (directors), Katie Drollinger (pianist) Wednesday(s), 8:00am-8:45am (Little Theatre) Fall Choir BEGINS 10-17-18 ... Registration Form
- Dance EXTRA: Registration Form (2018-2019?)
- Drama/School Play: w/ Amy Lewis and Chelsie Call
We are so excited to announce our school play for the 2018-2019 school year! It will be .... ANNIE! Students in 3rd-6th grade(s) are welcome to audition. There will be a MANDATORY parent meeting 10-04-18 @ 7:00pm. Below is the link to sign up for auditions. Please complete the survey prior to the parent meeting. Auditions will be be Monday, October 8, 2018 from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm and Tuesday, October 9, 2018 from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm in the gym. Performances will be January 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th @ 7pm.
- Math Lab: w/ Tiffany Taylor (by teacher appointment only) on Tuesday(s) and Wednesday(s) from 3:15pm-4:15pm during January/February
- Orchestra - w/ Katie SanDiego for 6th grade students: 2018-2019 Schedule * Start time: 8:00 a.m.
- Coding EXTRA: w/ Mrs. Fagergren ... 6 weeks on Tuesday(s)/Thursday(s): September 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27 from 3:15pm-4:15pm (3rd, 4th, 5th grades) Registration Form sent home 8-27-18.
- Science EXTRA: w/ Miss McKendrick (grades 4-6) and Miss Young (grades 1-3) on Wednesday and Friday afternoon from 3:15 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. in February. Classes will be held in Room 31 (grades 1-3), and Room 15 (grades 4-6) Registration Form
- Track EXTRA: w/ Chrissie Robinson and Tiffany Taylor ... (Spring)
- Book Club EXTRA: w/ Susan Phelps ... TBD
- Writing EXTRA: w/ Megann McKendrick ... TBD