At Spanish Oaks Elementary we are pleased to offer a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities through the implementation of our many EXTRA programs. Information, dates, times, ages, etc., will be posted here, and updated throughout the year. A special "thank you" to our amazing teachers, faculty and staff for making these opportunities available to our students!
- Arts EXTRA: w/ Heidi Dimmick Registration Form (Tuesdays/Thursdays, 9/24/19-10/10/19 )
- Chess EXTRA: w/ Laura Dyches Tuesday(s)/Thursday(s) beginning February 11, 2020 in the Little Theater and runs 6 weeks through March 19, 2020. This is for 4th-6th grade students during the lunch hour; for students who already know how to play & want to play against other students. This time is to practice chess for fun and maybe participate in mini tournaments! Nebo Chess Tournament
- Choir EXTRA: (1st-6th grades) w/ Amy Lewis, Chrissie Robinson (directors), Katie Drollinger (pianist) Wednesday(s), 8:00am-8:45am (Little Theatre) Fall Choir BEGINS 10-16-19 and runs for 8 weeks. Registration Form ... Spring Choir BEGINS (TBD) and runs for 8 weeks. Fall Registration Form
- Drama/School Play: w/ Amy Lewis and Chelsie Call email@example.com
We are so excited to announce our school play for the 2019-2020 school year! It will be Disney's Lion King KIDS! Students in 3rd-6th grade(s) are welcome to audition. Below is the link to sign up for auditions. PLEASE read over the attached document and then fill out the google form to confirm that you have read and received the information. Students can ONLY audition if their parent/guardian has filled out BOTH the audition form AND the parent information form no later than Friday, November 22. Audition times will be sent home from school with your child on Monday. Auditions will be Tuesday, December 3, from 4:00-6:00 pm and Wednesday, December 4, from 4:00-6:00 pm in the gym. Practices will begin after winter break and the performances will take place the third week of March. We look forward to working with your children!
- Math Lab: w/ Tiffany Taylor (by teacher appointment only) on Tuesday(s) and Thursday(s) from 3:15pm-4:15pm during December.
- Orchestra - w/ Mrs. Walker for 6th grade students: 2018-2019 Schedule * Begins 10-01-19, Tuesday and Thursday(s) in Little Theatre Start time: 8:00 a.m.
- Coding/Robotics EXTRA: w/ Steffani Waggoner and Lindsay Liddle will be held October 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30 Tuesday(s)/Wednesday(s) from 3:15pm-4:15pm (3rd, 4th, 5th grades) Registration Form
- Science EXTRA: w/ Miss McKendrick (grades 4-6) and Miss Mellor (grades 1-3) on Wednesday afternoons (6 weeks) from 3:15 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. beginning February 5, 2020 through March 11, 2020. Classes will be held in Room 26 (grades 1-3), and Room 14 (grades 4-6). Student MUST be picked up at promptly at 4:15 p.m. Registration Form
- Book Cafe EXTRA: w/ Susan Phelps, Lindsay Liddle will be held April 2, 16, 23, 30